It’s officially fall and Kansas City has plenty of fun events, great food, and local beverages to offer. Whether you’re looking for family fun, fun with friends, or a date night with your significant other, there is something for everyone. From popular fall attractions such as apple picking and Kansas City’s famous West Bottom haunted houses, to fall festivals such as Festa Italiana, Weston Irish Festival, and Oktoberfest Live!, October is one of the months that Kansas City truly shines!
KC FALL ATTRACTIONS:
- Cider Hill Family Orchard: Don’t miss out on apple picking season, it ends in early November!
- Louisburg Cider Mill: After picking the perfect pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and finishing your way through the corn maze, head to the country store for apple cider and doughnuts.
- Liberty Corn Maze: This year’s maze design is modeled after the Lewis & Clark expedition. Private fire pits and beverages also available.
- The Beast: One of the best known haunted houses in the nation, escape by jumping out of a second-story window or slide down the 4-story slide!
- The Edge of Hell: Brought to you by the same company as The Beast, Queen of Haunts, this haunted house is also regarded as one on the best in the country.
- Macabre Cinema: The newest attraction by Queen of Haunts, this haunted movie theater features characters from your favorite Halloween movies such as The Mummy, Hellraiser, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, and more.
- Exiled: Get dropped off in the middle of a pitch black haunted forest and find your way out!
- Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt: Visit Words of Fun’s classic Halloween attraction until October 30th.
- Glore Psychiatric Museum: “The award-winning Glore Psychiatric Museum chronicles the 145-year history of the state hospital and centuries of mental health treatment. It is located on the adjoining grounds of the original state hospital.”
- The Basement: Choose from 2 different live escape rooms that are “part immersive theater, part choose your own adventure.”
Kansas City Chiefs:
- Buffalo Bills: October 10th at 7:20 pm
- @ Washington Football Team: October 17th at 12:00 pm
- @ Tennessee Titans: October 24th at 12:00 pm
- Vancouver: October 17th at 9:00 pm
- Seattle: October 23rd at 2:30 pm
- @ Los Angeles: October 27th at 7:30 pm
- Minnesota: October 31st at 12:00 pm
- Portland Thorns: October 10th at 4:00 pm
- Houston Dash: October 13th at 7:00 pm
- @ Chicago Red Stars: October 16th at 7:00 pm
- NJ/NY Gotham FC: October 22nd at 7:00 pm
- OL Reign: October 30th at 7:00 pm
US Women’s National Team:
- Korea Republic: October 21st at 7:00 pm, Children’s Mercy Park.
- Worlds of Fun: The Great Pumpkin Fest: Running until October 31st at Worlds of Fun’s Planet Snoopy, The Great Pumpkin Fest offers “one-of-a-kind Halloween activities for kids throughout the park! At Planet Snoopy, you’ll find play zones, costume contests and dance parties with Snoopy and the whole PEANUTS™ gang. During the kids’ Halloween event, loads of family-friendly games and activities await at every turn. Around every hay bale you can catch toe-tapping, live entertainment and grab a comfy seat to just kick back and take it all in. And the food! All over the park you’ll find delicious fall flavors in sweet treats and savory goodies.”
- Drive-Through Haunt 2021: Open every Friday and Saturday in October, head to Gardner, KS for the popular drive-though haunted house. Event is free of charge, but an unwrapped toy or small cash donation are appreciated. Donations go to local organization Secret Santa which provides Christmas gifts to kids in need.
- Boo Bash: October 22nd at 7:30 at Azura Amphitheater.
- Murder Mystery Dinner at Belvoir Winery: October 22nd at 6:30, tickets includes a full dinner, appetizers, two drinks at the bar, and the show.
- Beats & Broomsticks: Hocus Pocus in the Park: October 29th at Zona Rosa. Enjoy food, drinks, a live DJ, trick-or-treating, and a showing of the classic Halloween movie Hocus Pocus.
- 73rd Annual Halloween Parade: “The longest-running Halloween parade in the Kansas City area is back and set to take place on Saturday, October 30th, 2021, in Independence.”
- Tac-O-Treat: A taco and margarita experience presented by Modelo at Children’s Mercy Park. October 30th 11:00-9:00.
- Kids Trick-or-Treat at Ward Parkway Center: Annual kid’s trick-or-treat, October 31st from 3:00-5:00.
- Festa Italiana 2021: Stop by Zona Rosa from October 8th-10th and enjoy live entertainment, local Italian food and vendors, and a kid’s zone featuring bouncy houses. Proceeds go towards UNICO’s scholarship fund.
- Weston Irish Festival: Held at O’Malley’s Pub from October8th-10th featuring indoor and outdoor stages and vendors.
- Brew at the Zoo & Wine Too: Head to the Kansas City Zoo on October 9th for “live music, great food, and tastings from more than 25 local breweries and wineries all in a WILD setting.”
- Oktoberfest Live!: “Leinenkugel’s presents the 5th annual Oktoberfest at the Kansas City Live! Block in the Power & Light District on Saturday, October 9th, 2021. Featuring traditional Oktoberfest contests and games, seasonal beers, great food, prizes, live entertainment and more!”
- Hawktoberfest: “This is a family-friendly, fall festival featuring live music, food, beer and wine tasting, a Corvette show, family-friendly fun and games, and fireworks!”
- Cornucopia: From October 15th-17th, Kansas City’s ultimate fall festival returns to KC Live! Main festivities take place Saturday the 16th.
- Parkville Microbrew Festival: Historic Downtown Parkville’s English Landing Park will host the Parkville Microbrew Festival on October 16th. Over 50 local breweries featured!
- 2021 KC Grilled Cheese & Mac Festival: October 16th at the Berkley Riverfront Park, enjoy a variety of gourmet grilled cheese and mac and cheese offerings!
-MOJO Real Estate Team